On this episode, we’re talking about recall elections. A recall is a procedure that allows citizens to remove and replace a public official before the official’s term of office ends. Historically, recalls have been used most frequently at the local level and this year, and this year we’re seeing a very prominent effort in California. Can nonprofits advocate in a recall election?
Our Hosts for This Episode:
Quyen Tu Natalie Ossenfort Tim Mooney
- History/Development of Recall
- What can nonprofits do and say in recall elections?
- Example 1: Mayoral Recall in Portland, Oregon
- Example 2: Gubernatorial Recall in California
- Ballot Measures and Recalls: Basic Rules for 501(c)(3) Public Charities, 501(c)(4)s, and Unions
- National Conference of State Legislatures
- The Rules of the Game
- Episode 1 – “Can We Say That?”
- Bolder Advocacy’s TA hotline: online form or 866-NP-LOBBY
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org